Trash and Yard Waste
Advanced Disposal Contract & Services (847)623-3870
The Village recently extended its contract with Advanced Disposal for an additional 5 years. The following is a breakdown of the contract:
- Five year contract beginning December 1, 2015 and expires on November 30, 2020. The contract includes a provision for an optional 5 year renewal.
- Pricing is tied to the size of refuse container (see below). Residents are able to receive a 95, 65, or 35 gallon recycling or refuse container.
- A rate reduction from the current contract year begins on December 1, 2015.
- Advanced Disposal has agreed to rate freezes in year 2 and year 4 of the contract. The initial rate freeze begins December 1, 2016. The second rate freeze takes affect December 1, 2018.
- Twice per week pick-up for HOA approved multi-family homes is increased to $5.00 per unit. In addition, Advanced agreed to a pricing option of $10.00 for a multi-family unit where an HOA has not approved twice per week pick up.
- Single family twice per week pick up is $15, a decrease from $15.75.
- All other rate increases continue to be tied to inflation via CPI-U and with a minimum 2% and maximum 5% increase.
|Single Family||Current (2015)||Proposed 2016||% Change||2017||2018||2019||2020|
|Multi-Family||Current (2015)||Proposed 2016||% Change||2017||2018||2019||2020|
|Twice/Week (All HOA)||$3.78||$5.00||32.28%||$5.00||$5.10||$5.10||$5.20|
|Every Other Week||$11.04||$10.98||-0.54%||$10.98||$11.20||$11.20||$11.42|
|Yard Waste||Current (2015)||Proposed 2016||% Change||2017||2018||2019||2020|
|Yard Waste Subscription||Current (2015)||Proposed 2016||% Change||2017||2018||2019||2020|
Yard waste collection continues to occur from April 1 through November 30. Yard waste stickers are reduced from $2.22 to $2.00 the first contract year and would be subject to CPI-U and the rate freezes associated with refuse collection.
Advanced Disposal also currently offers a subscription service where residents pay a monthly fee to place up to 6 containers at the curb per weekly collection. Advanced Disposal charged $12.68 per month for this service but residents had to pay for April through November regardless of the start date of service. Advanced Disposal has agreed to provide a flat rate of $100. Advanced has agreed to a prorated fee of $75 for individuals starting service in August who may wish to utilize this service for leaf collection.
Advanced Disposal currently provides what is referred to as white goods collection. These items are large appliances such as refrigerators or dishwashers. Advanced Disposal has agreed to continue to keep the existing pricing tied to the CPI-U and associated rate freezes with refuse collection.
ADVANCED DISPOSAL WILL CONTINUE THE FOLLOWING
Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week in 35-, 64- or 96-gallon cart provided by Advanced Disposal.
- Place cart curbside by 6:00 a.m. of your scheduled collection day within three (3) feet of road.
- All garbage must be in cart to be collected.
- Items NOT accepted for pick-up include: tires, liquid and hazardous waste.
- Pickup once a week in 35-, 64- or 96-gallon carts provided by Advanced Disposal.
- Place cart curbside by 6:00 a.m. of your scheduled collection day.
- Carts must be three feet away from trash cart and mailboxes.
- Pickup once a week between April 1st through November 30th.
- Trash must be at curbside by 6:00 a.m. of your scheduled collection day.
- Yard trash must be bagged in paper lawn bags, weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Branches must be less than four (4) feet long and no more than two (2) inches in diameter.
- Items NOT accepted: sod, dirt and garden timbers.
Curbside bulk item service
- To schedule a pickup, call Advanced Disposal at (847) 623-3870.
- One bulk item will be picked per week.
- Please call one day in advance of requested pick up.
- Bulk waste must be at curbside by 6:00 am the day of collection.
- Items over 50 pounds must be scheduled.
- Items accepted: furniture, bulk trash. Call for additional information.
- Items NOT accepted: car parts.
There will be no pickup on the following holidays:
New Year's Day
ROUTES WILL BE PUSHED BACK ONE DAY FOLLOWING A HOLIDAY
For example, if Christmas Day is a Tuesday and your normal collection day is Wednesday, you will be picked up on Thursday. Customers’ whose collection day is Friday will be picked up on Saturday.
- See more at:Advanced Disposal