Garage Sale Central
RESIDENTIAL GARAGE SALES:
COMMUNITY GARAGE SALES:C
Garage Sale Codes & Signage
Village code prohibits more than three garage sales on the same premises within a calendar year.
Garage Sale Signage
Garage sale signage is enforced, so please read carefully:
- Permits are not required for garage sales.
- Signs can not exceed three square feet and are limited to the address, arrows, and the words "Garage/Yard Sale."
- Signs can be posted for a period of seven days and must be removed by 9 p.m. on the last day.
- Signs cannot be placed on or in the public right-of-way or any other public property (the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb). If there is no sidewalk it should be at least 15 feet from the curb.
- Do not place signs on telephone poles, fences, or parked cars. Balloons and streamers are not allowed
- Do not display your sale items on the public sidewalk, in the street, or on the grassy area between the street and sidewalk
In the event you have placed your signs in the wrong location, the Vernon Hills Police Department or Code Enforcement Officials will remove your signs and you may be subject to a fine. Please feel free to call 367-3700 should you have any further questions or concerns.
Donations to Charitable Organizations
Do you have leftover garage sale items? Consider donating them to one of these charitable organizations:
|Vietnam Veterans of America||708-371-4418 for pick up|
|Military Order of the Purple Heart||800-470-5133|
|The Sports Shed (Sporting Goods for Kids in Need)||847-791-7320|
|Allendale Association||Emily at 847-245-6260|
|Catholic Charities of Chicago|
|St. Mary of Vernon (Gently used household items and furniture)||847-362-1005|
|National Children's Cancer Society||888-875-4066 for pick up|