Garage Sale Central
28 Montauk Lane
Friday Sept 10, 9am to 3pm and Saturday Sept 11, 9am to 3pm
Solid wood bunk bed, no mattresses; weight bench, weight bars, weights 25lb, 20lb, 14.3lb, 10lb, 8.8lb, 5lb, 4.4lb, 2.5lb;
house wares; a lot of misc.
COMMUNITY GARAGE SALES:C
Garage Sale Codes & Signage
Village code prohibits more than three garage sales on the same premises within a calendar year.
Garage Sale Signage
Garage sale signage is enforced, so please read carefully:
- Permits are not required for garage sales.
- Signs can not exceed three square feet and are limited to the address, arrows, and the words "Garage/Yard Sale."
- Signs can be posted for a period of seven days and must be removed by 9 p.m. on the last day.
- Signs cannot be placed on or in the public right-of-way or any other public property (the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb). If there is no sidewalk it should be at least 15 feet from the curb.
- Do not place signs on telephone poles, fences, or parked cars. Balloons and streamers are not allowed
- Do not display your sale items on the public sidewalk, in the street, or on the grassy area between the street and sidewalk
Donations to Charitable Organizations
Do you have leftover garage sale items? Consider donating them to one of these charitable organizations:
|Vietnam Veterans of America
||708-371-4418 for pick up
|Military Order of the Purple Heart
|The Sports Shed (Sporting Goods for Kids in Need)
||Emily at 847-245-6260
|Catholic Charities of Chicago
|St. Mary of Vernon (Gently used household items and furniture)
|National Children's Cancer Society
||888-875-4066 for pick up