Vernon Hills Seniors Organization
The Vernon Hills Seniors Organization was established in 1995 pursuant to Ordinance #95-61. The purpose of the organization is to provide a social forum for seniors to associate with their peers and engage in recreational, social and public service activities.
Any person over the age of 55 is eligible for membership. Please see the application for membership. Membership dues are currently being waived.
As a member you should be of a physical status that you may enter and exit the center on your own power or with the aid of a wheel chair, cane or other device. No one within Seniors Organization or member of the Village Staff is licensed to provide services for you. Note that while the Center is located in the lower level of the Village Hall, it is accessible by elevator.
Senior Center Offerings
The Seniors Organization meets in the lower level of the Village Hall (290 Evergreen drive, Vernon Hills) in the Senior Center. The Seniors Center offers:
- A library
- Computers with internet capability
- Pool tables
- Meeting place
- A kitchen
Members meet regularly to play bridge, pinochle and MahJong as well as watch movies, celebrate birthdays and holidays. Weekly activities include line dancing, senior fitness groups, bingo and a book club. Special activities, speakers and events are always on the calendar.
- 2023 Membership Registration
- October 2023
- September 2023 (rev)
- August 2023
- Marriott Theater's production of Gypsy – October 4
- BINGOcize – Thursdays starting September 7
Vernon Hills seniors may select from a variety of public transportation options to travel to and from the Village Hall Senior Center, 290 Evergreen Drive, Vernon Hills.
- Ride Lake County – 800-201-6446: Ride Lake County is a countywide door-to-door transportation service for residents age 60+ and people with disabilities. The program requires a reservation scheduled in advance. Riders must register with Pace before scheduling their first ride. You may register and schedule rides by calling 800-201-6446. The pace Call Center will ask for your birthdate (or an RTA Reduced Fare Permit number for residents registering as an individual with a disability). Short rides cost approximately $2 per trip. Learn more by visiting the Ride Lake County website.
- Pace On Demand – 224-735-8678: Pace also offers weekday service to an area roughly bounded by Vernon Hills and Mundelein village limits. Reservations for the shared ride, door-to-door service are available first-come, first-served each weekday, with rides within the Vernon Hills/Mundelein area provided for $2 each using a Ventra payment card (or $2.25 cash). Learn more by calling Pace at 224-735-8678 or visiting PaceBus.com/OnDemand, or check the Vernon Hills-Mundelein flier.
- Vernon Hills Senior Taxi Program: The Village offers residents age 62+ or with a disability a monthly ride card to use with either American Taxi (847-673-1000) or 303 Taxi (847-368-0303). Eligible residents must first complete the VH Senior Taxi Application, then will receive an electronic swipe card (similar to a debit card) that comes preloaded with a value of up to $8 per taxi ride. Learn more by visiting the Senior Taxi Program webpage.
Vernon Hills Senior Organization Contact:
Email - VernonHillsSeniors@mail.com
*If your message is of high importance and you do not get a response within a reasonable time, please forward your email to Kristen D. (KristenD@vhills.org), who will place a hard copy of your message in the Senior Center mailbox at Village Hall.