Do I need a Certificate of Insurance?

If the project cost is over $100,000 a Certificate of Insurance is required.  It must show covering the property (General Liability and Workmen’s Comp), assigned to the Village of VH as the Certificate Holder and showing the Village of VH as an additional insured.

Show All Answers

1. What form of payment does VVH take?
2. Do I need HOA approval?
3. Do I need to register as a contractor in Vernon Hills?
4. When do permits expire?
5. What are your construction hours?
6. Do I need a Certificate of Insurance?
7. What is a completion (refundable) bond? (Known as a cash bond)
8. What is the turnaround time of a permit application?
9. Do you have options for turning in permits and receiving permits?
10. Do you accept email or faxed applications for residential permits?
11. How do I call in for an inspection?
12. What are the best times to call for questions or inspections?
13. Where can I find the VVH ordinances or county codes?
14. What construction codes are followed within the Village of Vernon Hills?
15. What are permit fees so payment can be made at all at once?
16. How can I speak to an inspector regarding a specific permit question?