For Immediate Release Date: July 13, 2018
Contact: Leslie Piotrowski
Hawthorn District 73 Residency Event is August 1, 2 and 6
Hawthorn District 73 will hold its annual, district-wide residency event on August 1, 2 and 6 at Middle School North, 201 Hawthorn Parkway in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
At least one parent/guardian from all District 73 families must prove that they reside in the district each school year. Below is the schedule:
- Wednesday, August 1, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 2, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 6, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parents with children in kindergarten do not need to attend the event, but if they have older children in the district, they will need to attend. School information packets will be mailed out to new families in the district on August 9, 2018.Accepted Documents for Proof of Residency
Three documents are required to verify residency. To expedite the registration verification process, District 73 parents/guardians must bring originals and copies of the required documents.Parents or guardians must bring proof of residency within Hawthorn School District 73 by providing one document from each category listed below: Category ICategory II
Proof of Occupation of Residency in District 73 (one document required)
- Homeowners: Provide current monthly mortgage statement (or recent closing papers) with parent/legal guardian’s name and address or most recent property tax bill.
- Renters: Provide properly executed lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name and address listed as renter, and signature page including name, address and telephone number of landlord for verification.
- Those living with others: Provide a notarized Residency Attestation form for the District 73 resident/landlord explaining the living arrangement as well as all residency documentation of the resident/landlord.
Additional Document Showing Name and Address (one document required)
- Current utility bill (within the last billing cycle, typically 60 days), such as water, electric, gas, telephone, or cable bill
- Current homeowners or renter insurance policy statement
- Vehicle registration
- Voter Registration Card
During the event, parents will be given their child’s teacher assignment and bus information. Parents also will have the opportunity to pay fees, sign up for the Hawthorn PTO, buy gym uniforms, and complete free or reduced lunch applications.
Nurses will collect health forms or verification of immunizations and physicals. The district expects all children to be up to date on their immunizations by August 22, the first day of school.
All parents/guardians of middle school students must pick up Chromebooks for sixth through eighth grade students at this event. Families need to claim their Chromebooks, sign for them and charge batteries before the beginning of the school year.
For more information, please call 847-990-4217 or 847-990-4280 or visit the website: www.Hawthorn73.org.
Hawthorn School District 73 is a preschool through eighth-grade public school district. It serves the communities of Vernon Hills, Mundelein, Libertyville, Indian Creek and unincorporated areas of Lake County, Illinois.
# # #