March 7: 10th Annual ‘Empty Bowls’ fundraiser at CLC to fight hunger
College of Lake County students studying ceramic art and food preparation are teaming up again to fight hunger in the 10thAnnual Empty Bowls fundraiser from 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 7. The event will take place in the Student Activities Multipurpose Room C016, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake. Cost is $15 per bowl, plate or cup, and proceeds will benefit the Northern Illinois Food Bank. For details, visit https://tinyurl.com/y9x5nqpv.
College to host March information sessions on healthcare and other careers
Careers ranging from medical imaging to truck driving will be the focus of information sessions offered at the College of Lake County in March.
Each session includes an overview of duties, salary, job outlook and educational requirements. Drop-ins are welcome. The following sessions take place at the Grayslake Campus, 19351 W. Washington St., unless indicated otherwise:
- Medical Imaging: March 6 at 4 p.m. in Room T333.
- Surgical Technology: March 6 at 5:30 p.m. in Room D204.
- Dental Hygiene: March 7 at noon in Room N135, Lakeshore Campus, 111 N. Genesee St., Waukegan.
- Health Information Technology: March 7 at 4:30 p.m. in Room A152.
- Massage Therapy: March 13 at 11:30 a.m. in Room R230, Southlake Campus, 1120 S. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills.
- Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy: March 14 at 10:30 a.m. in Room S305, Lakeshore Campus, 33 N. Genesee St., Waukegan.
- Truck Driver: March 13 at 6 p.m. in Room T335.
- Engineering Transfer: March 15 at 7 p.m. in Room A013.
For updates, check regularly at www.clcillinois.edu/infosessions
. CLC horticulture student takes first place in design project at state conference
Jean Foley, a Waukegan resident and College of Lake County horticulture student, received a first-place award Feb. 1 in a student design competition sponsored by the Illinois Landscape Contractors. For details, visit https://tinyurl.com/ybfd4eka.March 16: Irish dance and rock music combine at James Lumber Center show
Irish dance meets rock and roll in “Rockin’ Road to Dublin,” a fusion of concert and stage show 8 p.m. Friday, March 16 at the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at the College of Lake County in Grayslake. For more information, visit https://tinyurl.com/ydfry4d. Music department announces seven spring 2018 concerts
College of Lake County musicians will present seven concerts this spring that feature music that appeals to a variety of tastes. From swinging jazz and soothing classical instrumental works to delightful modern choral pieces and inspirational gospel songs, each concert is programmed to include crowd pleasers that also challenge the ensembles’ students and community members. For details visit https://tinyurl.com/y9h3yvpy