College to host October career information sessions healthcare careers and more
Careers ranging from psychology to healthcare will be the focus of information sessions offered at the College of Lake County in October.
Each session includes an overview of duties, a typical day, salary, job outlook and educational requirements. Drop-ins are welcome. The following sessions take place at the Grayslake Campus, 19351 W. Washington St., unless indicated otherwise.
- Medical Imaging: Oct. 2 at 2 p.m. in Room T323.
- Surgical Technology: Oct. 3 at 5:30 p.m. in Room D204.
- Dental Hygiene: Oct. 4 at noon in Room N135 at Lakeshore Campus, 111 N. Genesee St., Waukegan.
- Health Information Technology: Oct. 4 at 4:30 p.m. in Room A131.
- Massage Therapy: Oct 4 at 5:30 p.m. in Room R230 at Southlake Campus, 1320 S. Milwaukee Ave. in Vernon Hills.
- Truck Driving: Oct. 24 at 6 p.m., Room T335.
- Psychology: Oct. 24 in Room T231; Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. in Room L113.
- Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy: Oct. 25 at noon in Room S305, Lakeshore Campus.
For updates, check regularly at www.clcillinois.edu/infosessions.
Oct. 4: CLC’s Lakeshore Campus open house covers career programs, services
Learn about the College of Lake County’s Lakeshore Campus, including available courses, career programs and student services, at an open house on Oct. 4 from 6-8 p.m. at 33 N. Genesee St. in Waukegan. For details, visit www.clcillinois.edu/lakeshore or call (847) 543-2191.
CLC Music department announces fall 2017 concerts
This fall, CLC musicians will present seven concerts featuring music that appeals to a variety of tastes. The concerts include: Jazz Night on Oct. 13; Wind Ensemble on Oct. 15; and a Choral on Oct. 28. For details, visit http://tinyurl.com/y7hgblta.
CLC hosts Japanese exchange students
Eight students from Ehime University in Japan spent three weeks at the College of Lake County to learn American culture and history, upgrading their English skills, touring Chicago-area attractions and making new friends. Find out more at http://tinyurl.com/ycqgfrpm.
Prairie Voices wins first place award; five students win individual awards
The 2017 edition of Prairie Voices, the College of Lake County literary arts magazine, has won first place (central division) in the Community College Humanities Association Annual Literary Magazine Contest. CLC’s magazine also won first place in 2016 and 2014. For details, visit http://tinyurl.com/yb753ku3.