- The Village Hall offers Notary Services to the public free of charge.
No Solicitor Stickers
- The Village Hall offers “No Soliciting” stickers for residents who wish to have one displayed on or near their front door of their home. This sticker prevents any solicitor from approaching your home. However, if one should, and you have your sticker displayed, we request that you call the Police Department at 847-362-4449, and report the person or person(s) who had violated our policy.
- The Village Hall is a Passport Acceptance Agency. Therefore, to apply for a U.S. Passport, please contact 847-367-3700 to make an appointment. To view the most current information you will need to bring with you to apply for a passport click here. Passport applications may also be accepted at the Vernon Hills’ Post Office, or the Vernon Township Office.
- The Village does not enforce the purchasing and displaying of vehicle stickers on the windshields of resident vehicles; therefore vehicle stickers are not required but are available. Bring in your Illinois State Vehicle Registration showing your Vernon Hills address for a no charge vehicle sticker.
Voter Registration and Absentee Voting
- Voter Registration is available at the Village Hall. You will be required to show two forms of identification both which show your current Vernon Hills address. These may include a Driver’s License, and any pre-printed bill statement or such you may have. Voter registration will not be available the last 30 days prior to an election.
- The has a comprehensive web site to assit you in all your voting questions: registration, polling places, absentee voting, etc
- If you have an American Flag, that is torn, faded or just needs to be replaced, you can drop it off at the Village Hall and we will ensure it is properly disposed of.by the American Legion.
Temporary Handicap Placards
- The Village of Vernon Hills issues Temporary Handicap Placards for residents of Vernon Hills who are temporarily disable due to injury. Placards are issued pursuant to doctors authorization and are issued for a period of 3 months, not to exceed 6 months total.