Public Transit Options in Vernon Hills
- Pace Dial-A-Ride van services – PACE website
- Pace Bus – Two fixed schedule bus routes stop at Hawthorn Mall.
- Ride Lake County is a new County-sponsored service. The service offers reserved rides throughout the county for residents age 60 and over or those with mobility limitations. This service begins May 1, 2022, and requires participants to register for eligibility by calling PACE at 800-201-6446. Once registered, riders may reserve curb-to-curb rides, scheduled for 6a to 6p every day except holidays. Ride Lake County
- Metra's North Central Service (NCS) commuter train line runs through Vernon Hills inbound to Chicago's Union Station and outbound to Antioch. NCS Schedule
- Ventra Card/App Payments – Pace, Metra and CTA Chicago all use the Ventra payment system. Ventra
- Note that a variety of private transportations also serve the Village, including American Taxi, 303 Taxi, and ride share services such as Uber. Being listed here does not constitute a recommendation or guarantee of service.
Vernon Hills - Mundelein On Demand
Pace offers weekday On Demand service around the Vernon Hills and Mundelein area. Booking may be done online, and payment is made when boarding with a Ventra card or exact cash. VH - Mundelein On Demand
Vernon Township Dial A Ride & Taxi Coupons
Vernon Township residents (residents in Vernon Hills living south of Route 60) are eligible for rides through the Vernon Township Dial A Ride Program. Destinations must also be within Vernon Township. Call the Township at 847-634-4600 at least 24 hours in advance to make a reservations and learn more. Vernon Township Dial A Ride.
Vernon Township also offers Township residents half price coupons for use with American Taxi Service for Vernon Township Residents only. $3 ride coupons may be purchased for $1.50. Call 847-634-4600 for more information. Vernon Township Adult Programs
Ride Lake County Central
The Villages of Libertyville and Mundelein as well the Townships of Libertyville, Fremont and Shields offer qualifying residents of these Townships (Vernon Hills residents north of Route 60 are in Libertyville Township) a reserved ride service. Qualified residents are those 60 years and older or with disability living in the participating communities. Reservations are made by calling 800-201-6446, with advanced call in of at least 24 hours required. Libertyville Township Ride Lake County Central