July 4th Parade
Parade Line Up Info
Schedule for Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- 9 a.m. – Parade through Deerpath neighborhood. Roads close starting at 8:30 a.m. Route map appears later on this page.
- 7 p.m. – Concert by The Big Fun Band at Century Park.
- 9:15 to 9:30 p.m. – Fireworks begin at Century Park.
Construction Accommodations –
Recommended Parking & Walking Routes
Ready to enjoy July 4th fireworks in beautiful Vernon Hills? With road construction occurring on Lakeview Parkway, here are some points to help you safely access Century Park, which is the closest viewing site for the 7 p.m. concert and fireworks show:
- Lakeview Parkway will be reduced to a single lane in both directions near Century Park.
- There will be no sidewalk access south of Townline Road on Lakeview Parkway, so pedestrians will have to cross at Deerpath Drive. Click to see the map of available sidewalks.
- Drivers are encouraged to park in the western lot of upper-level Hawthorn Mall and walk west along Center Drive. Officers will be in the area to help pedestrian traffic cross. Click to see the parking/walking map.
- At the conclusion of the fireworks, there will be temporary lane closures to allow cars to safely exit adjacent parking lots. This will be temporary.
- Vehicles exiting parking lots near Lakeview and Hawthorn Parkways will be directed to turn in a specific direction, only. This is intended to keep the flow of traffic moving safely.
- If any assistance is needed, ask an officer!
- VHPD and the Village of Vernon Hills wishes you a safe and happy July 4th holiday.
Join the Parade –
Please Sign Up Before June 28
Would you or your organization like to participate in the July 4th Parade? Please complete the online form before June 28, 2023 to get in on the fun. Individual residents who would like to decorate their bikes, wagons or pets or just walk in the parade as a participant may congregate at the corner of Deerpath and Atrium on the morning of July 4. At a designated point in the parade, a volunteer will invite you to fall into the line-up.
The parade steps off at 9:00a at the corner of Deerpath and Atrium Drive, just south of Highway 60 (Town Line Road). Marching units will follow a parade route south to Sullivan Drive and then west to Aspen, with a final destination at Hawthorn Elementary South, 430 Aspen Drive. Demonstration areas will be marked along the route for your viewing pleasure. (Note that the route will be closed to traffic beginning at approximately 8:30a.)
Free evening concert! While the celebrations break after the parade so families can enjoy planned activities, hundreds are expects to gather at Century Park for from 7:00 to 9:00p for the rhythmic sounds of The Big Fun Band sponsored by the Vernon Hills Park District.
Fireworks! At approximately 9:15 to 9:30p, the skies over Big Bear and Little Bear Lake will be set ablaze as Pyrotecnico Fireworks Inc. presents a dazzling aerial display of fireworks.
Boy Scout Troop 273 are expected to be out and about selling items including glow sticks. Thanks for supporting their efforts.
Thank You to the Parade Committee