R E S O L U T I O N 2003-110
A RESOLUTION GRANTING WESTFIELD SHOPPINGTOWN – HAWTHORN AND BERNARD CHEVROLET APPROVAL TO FACILITATE “CRUISE NIGHT” IN THE EAST OUTLOT OF THE WESTFIELD SHOPPINGTOWN – HAWTHORN PARKING LOT LOCATED AT 122 HAWTHORN CENTER.
WHEREAS, Craig Hanson, representing Bernard Chevrolet – Libertyville and Westfield Shoppingtown – Hawthorn has submitted a request to facilitate “Cruise Night” in the east outlot of the Westfield Shoppingtown – Hawthorn parking lot located at 122 Hawthorn Center; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees of the Village of Vernon Hills at the Committee of Whole meeting on June 3, 2003 and July, 1 2003 reviewed and considered the Bernard Chevrolet “Cruise Night” proposal and found that, conditioned open certain requirements, recommending approval of the proposal would attract people and vintage motor vehicles to the community, promote area retail business establishments and restaurants, and provide free entertainment for people of all ages.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Village President and Board of Trustees of the Village of Vernon Hills, Lake County, Illinois, that the Village of Vernon Hills will allow Westfield Shoppingtown – Hawthorn and Bernard Chevrolet to facilitate “Cruise Night”, conditioned upon:
1. The “Cruise Night” shall operate on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, July 23, 2003, August 27, 2003, and September 24, 2003, only, at which time the event will be evaluated prior to consideration of adding additional dates.
2. Bernard Chevrolet agrees to pay the Village of Vernon Hills Police Department four hundred (400) dollars, per event, to cover the cost of two (2) police officers needed to monitor the event.
3. Compliance with the communication dated June 19, 2003 and on file in the Community Development Department that outlines hours of operation, location, and temporary signage.
4. The sale, service, or consumption of any alcoholic beverages shall be prohibited in the described parking area and in the general vicinity of the event.
5. Ample garbage receptacles shall be placed within and around the described parking area. The described parking area and general vicinity shall be thoroughly cleaned of all debris immediately following the event.
Adopted by roll call vote as follows:
ABSENT AND NOT VOTING: