The application process for the position of police officer is currently closed. Positions for Administrative Assistant in Communications, Community Service Officer, and Telecommunicator (T/C) are filled when needed.*
Place Your Name In Our Database- The Vernon Hills Police Department maintains a database with the names of individuals who are interested in any of these positions. When applications are available, interested individuals are contacted.
To have your name placed in the database, click here and complete the on-line form.
Police Officer Lateral Entry - The Vernon Hills Fire and Police Commission maintains a list of certified police officers seeking lateral transfer to the Vernon Hills Police Department. Applications for lateral entry may be obtained from the Village of Vernon Hills, 290 Evergreen Drive, Vernon Hillls, Illinois 60061.
Requirements and Benefits - Click on one of the following to learn more about the requirements and benefits for these police department positions:
* Selection Process for Non-Sworn Police Department Positions:
- Upon submitting a completed application, applicants may be invited to participate in the following:
- Formal Interview
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
- Pre-employment Background Check
- Duration of Process
- As determined by the Village of Vernon Hills Human Resource Department
- Policy on Reapplication
- All persons are eligible for reapplication
**THE VILLAGE OF VERNON HILLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER**