Law Enforcement Exhibition
The Countdown is on for the 2017 Law Enforcement Exhibition
Saturday & Sunday, September 9 & 10
History of the Exhibition
In 2005, we hosted the inaugural Exhibition here in Vernon Hills. The event drew thousands of interested citizens locally and from all around the Chicago area. Due to its overwhelming success, Chief Mark Fleischhauer decided to make it an annual event. Furthermore, the event will always be scheduled for the weekend closest to September 11th, in order to honor our fallen heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice on that day in 2001. This Exhibition was set up so police departments can show you the latest and greatest in crime prevention, education and criminal detection. Think of it as one big "open house" where area law enforcement agencies are present to show you the ins and outs of what the police can do for you - besides writing you a ticket!
Recap of the 2016 Event
Twenty-four police and police-related agencies were on hand at Hawthorn Mall (Routes 21 and 60) on the weekend of September 10 & 11, 2016 for the 12th Annual Law Enforcement Exhibition. Approximately 40,000 people came through the doors to see squad cars, police motorcycles, two Humvees, K9 demonstrations and all kinds of police equipment. There were many activities for the kids and plenty of giveaways and information!
Something new for 2016 was a couple of taser demonstrations by VHPD's very own Sgt. Andy Jones. Watch the video.
The K9 demonstrations were led by Tops Training. The demonstrations were performed by Officer Steve Kroll and Titan from the Mundelein Police Department, Deputy Dwight Arrowood and Duke from the Lake County Sheriff's Office, and Deputy Craig Somerville and Diesel, also from the LCSO.
Many of the agencies had Police Explorers on hand to not only help with their agency displays, but also to promote the Police Explorer Programs.
Some of the things that were seen at the 2016 Exhibition:
- K9 demonstrations
- Taser demonstrations
- 911 Simulator
- Remote controlled vehicle
- Interactive fingerprint display
- Heat vision cameras
- Many different types of police vehicles (sedans, Hunvees, SUV's, ATV's, motorcycles and bicycles)
Thank you to the following agencies for participating in the 2016 Exhibition:
- 100 Club of Chicago
- Bannockburn Police Department
- Buffalo Grove Police Department
- Deerfield Police Department
- Grayslake Police Department
- Gurnee Police Department
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources Police
- Illinois State Police
- Lake County (19th Circuit) Adult Probation
- Lake County Crime Stoppers
- Lake County MEG
- Lake County Sheriff's Office (and K9)
- Lake Zurich Police Department
- Libertyville Police Department
- Lincolnshire Police Department
- Mount Prospect Police Department
- Mundelein Police Department and K9
- Northeast Illinois 911 Professionals
- Palatine Police Department
- Prospect Heights Police Department
- Round Lake Beach Police Department
- Wheeling Police Department
- Zion Police Department
- And of course, the Vernon Hills Police Department
Many thanks to Hawthorn Mall, Mall Manager Jeff Rutzen, and the entire staff (coordinator, security, engineering, housekeeping) at Hawthorn Mall for their continued support of this fantastic event and for all their help in making this such a success!
Special thanks also to Maggiano's Little Italy, Dave & Buster's, Panera Bread and Sbarro Pizza for their participation and assistance.
If you have questions about the Exhibition, please contact Kim Christenson at 847-247-4889 or send an send an email.
Pictures from 2016
Here's a slideshow of the 2016 Law Enforcement Exhibition. (Thanks to Mike W. for the pictures.)